Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving and with everything going on in the world we should embrace this opportunity. Whether it’s making a donation, volunteering your time or helping a neighbour, GivingTuesday is a movement for everyone who wants to give something back. Even as we practice physical distancing, we can remain connected through kindness and generosity.
Here are 10 ideas to inspire your involvement in GivingTuesday:
1. Raise money for an organization or cause you are passionate about.
2. Safely check on those who are alone, elderly or may need help with errands or a phone call. In the age of texts and emails, nothing is the same as hearing a voice, or seeing a friendly face on the porch.
3. Show gratitude and shine a light on your friends, family or neighbours who have stood out over the last 9 months by thanking them on your social channels and personally.
4. Use your social channels to share a story about who is inspiring you to help and why your community is so important to you.
5. Nominate a charity for the CanadaHelps GivingTuesday pledge – they can win a donation of $5,000.
6. Become a #HolidayPartyHero. COVID-19 may have cancelled your work and family holiday parties, but that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate. Donate the unused cost of your party to charity so you, your family and your company can all be holiday heroes.
7. Share your giving story by posting an #Unselfie – a post on social media that shares a message about why you give back. At CanEVA, Jennifer regularly volunteers at the Food Bank and Barbara and her husband Eddie are part of the team that provides over 300 home delivered dinners every Tuesday in their community.