Today we celebrate all things feline..
CanEVA PETS is a supplement designed for both dogs and cats, and on International cat day we celebrate our feline friends. Here are 7 things you might not know about your best feline friend.
- Some cats actually like water! The Turkish Angora is one of the ancient breeds of domesticated cat, known for its sleek body and high pointed ears. This breed is naturally drawn to water and some have even been reported as swimming or wading in pools of it. There are a few other breeds that have been known to like water, such as the: American Shorthair, Maine Coon, American Bobtail and the Turkish Van.
- Cats dream, just like us! When in a deep sleep cats brainwaves are similar to human dream patterns.
- Cats can get sick from eating chocolate (just like dogs)
- They can tolerate heat, even though they have thick fur..the fur actually serves to protect them from heatstroke!
- Cats are far-sighted…because their eyes are so large, cats have difficulty focusing on things right in from them. Cats use their whiskers to sense things up close to them!
- Time for a catnap? Cats sleep almost 2/3 of their life times
- Ever wonder why a cat manages to slip into small places you never thought possible? It is because cats do not have collarbones, making it easy for them to pass through any hole as large as their head!